TheIndiaBazaar.com is a shopping portal which exclusively sells and promotes products from south asia, mainly India. If you have a store which sells exclusive items from India or are planning to start a new home based business selling products related to India, you have come to the right place.
Here is a list of some of the items you can sell online - Indian Clothing & Dresses, Indian Jewelry, Indian Accessories, Shoes & Sandals, Indian Handicrafts, Indian Furnishing, Home Decor, Indian Furniture like Jhoola, Swings, Tables & Chairs, Indian Groceries, Indian Sweets & Snacks, Kitchen Utensils, Indian Health & Beauty Products, Indian Books & Magazines, Bollywood and other regional DVD's and CD's from India. If you feel you have unique Indian products not mentioned in the list above, please contact us to find out if it can be listed for sale.
Products that you sell must be in NEW condition, products must be located in the same country as the seller and must be ready to be shipped by you. Drop shipping is not permitted. In order to signup, you must be located in the USA and must stock the products in USA.
Once your seller account is setup and activated, you must list and maintain a minimum of 15 products to sell within 30 days to keep your account active.
You are prohibited from selling the following products:
Cell Phones including Service, Newspapers, Tobacco and Alcohol, Adult Toys, Gift Cards and Gift Certificates, Prescription Medication, Guns and Ammunition, Photo Processing and any other unlawful product.
Getting started to Sell your merchandise is easy. In order to start selling, just follow the simple steps below -
Sign-up & Setup
- Sign-up: Sign-up as a seller. Once your account is verified and enabled, you can setup your store and list products for sale.
- Setup: Once you signup, you can control every aspect of your store. Setup store details, tax zone, shipping policies/carrier/rates, discounts, coupons etc.
- List your Items for Sale: Use the built in tools to bulk upload your products or list your items using our feature rich product management tools.
- Email Notification: When an item you listed sells, you get an email notification with details about the order.
- Order Management: Use the order management tools to process your order or communicate with buyers. Here you can find all the details about current and previous orders.
Ship orders to buyers
- Print Labels & Invoice: When you are ready to ship, print the invoice to include as part of the order. Orders with a status of Processed are the only orders you need to ship. Processed means the payment has been processed.
- Pack & Ship: Use the shipping carrier of your choice to ship the order. Make sure to ship your orders in 2 business days.
- Provide Tracking #: Once the order is shipped, visit the order management, provide a tracking number and click on the "Complete" button to mark the order as complete.
For more details on any of the topics above, please check out How it works and Rates & Fees.
- Payment Transfer: We will transfer the payment for all Completed orders every 2-4 weeks to your registered bank account after deducting the service fee or other charges (if any).
The account settings allows you to manage every aspect of your online store. Here you can alter your store settings & policies, define destination zones, shipping rates, tax rates & promote your store by defining discounts & coupons for your online store. Please follow the details below to help you setup your account.
- Store Profile: This section allows you to upload logo, provide details about your store, shipping & return policies, sale & promotion details, default shipping carrier etc.
- Destination Zone: Destination zones allow you to create zones for tax and shipping purpose. Currently, you can only define zone within your country (No International Zone). You should atleast create a zone for USA or India if you wish to ship anywhere nationally.
- Tax Rates: If you wish to collect sales tax for a few states, you should define a zone containing those states and then define tax rates for that zone. To create a tax rate, click on Tax Rates -> Sales Tax -> Add Tax Rates. Just add the % rate value, select the zone and specify the total to which the tax should be applied. When a buyer buys from your store, the taxes shall be applied as indicated.
- Shipping Charges: This section allows you define shipping charges. You can define rates for standard & expedited shipping and also provide Free shipping based on order total for any destination zone you have defined. No International shipping allowed.
- Discounts: This section allows you to provide discount to customers based on their order total. If a customer purchases goods worth the amount you specify from your store, they will be entitled to this discount.
- Coupons: This section allows you to create discount coupons for your customers. You can create coupons based on order total, product or category. Customers will be able to use these coupons only if they meet the criterias defined by you in your store.
We encourage you to update your Sale & Promotions text with any current Discount & Coupon information to attract buyers.
Listing an item properly is the most important aspect of doing business online. Our feature rich Product Management Tool allows you to control every aspect of your products. Follow these guidelines to list your items -
- Login to your seller account and click on "Add New Product".
- Classification: Identify the best category under which this product should be displayed.
- Images: Define thumbnail and large image for this product. If you only have one image, we would recommend that you specify the large image and we will automatically create a thumbnail image for the product.
- Product Details:
Product Options: When selling a product which has variance but still considered the same product, you should not create multiple listing. Example, if you are selling an apparel which is available in 3 sizes - L, XL & XXL; there are 3 type of options you can define for a product - Price Modifier, Product Variance and Custom Text Field.
- Availability: Identify if this product is available for sale.
- SKU: Provide a product code. It is recommended that you define a prefix for your store and use it as part of the SKU.
- Product Name: Provide a brief description about the product. This is the most important part about the product as it also helps with search engine optimization. For example, if you are selling a "yellow bandhni skirt", you can write the name as "Cotton bandhni skirt for garba".
- Search Keyword: Search keywords which may help find this item when a customer searches online.
- Short Description:Write a short description about the product.
- Detailed Description:Describe your product in detail.
- Price: The base price at which you are willing to sell this product. This price excludes any discount or sale.
- List Price: Average price at which other vendors are selling this product. This helps convince the buyer that they are paying a reasonable price.
- Qty in stock: How many products you have for this item. If you use "product variant", example an apparel with size L, XL & XXL; you can specify "qty in stock" for each size.
- Low Stock Limit: Specify this if you want to be notified via email when the "Qty in stock" goes below this value.
- Minimum order qty: Specify minimum order quantity.
- Weight: Approximate weight of the product to help calculate shipping.
- Product Return Time: Once an order is placed for this item, until when the customer can create a return requisition request.
- Tax Exempt: Identify if this product should be tax exempted.
- Free Shipping: Are you providing FREE Shipping on this item. If marked as 'yes' this product is excluded from total shipping cost calculation for the order.
- Apply Global Discount: If you have enabled any discounts for your store, do you want to apply them to this product.
Price Modifier: This option should be used when, if the customer selects this option, the price of the product is changed and you do not need to track inventory for each item. Example - Gift Pack - You may wish to charge extra if the buyer select 'yes' for gift pack and yet you do not have different quantities for 'yes' & 'no'.
Variant: This option should be used when, if the customer select this option, the price of the product may changed and you also need to track inventory for each variance. Example - Apparel - You may wish to charge extra for each size and also may want to track inventory for each size.
Custom Field: This option should be used if you want customer to specify a value purchasing this product.
Wholesale Prices: This section allows you to define bulk order prices based on quantity.
Upselling Links: This section allows you to promote related products when a customer is viewing an item you listed.
Detailed Images: This section allows you to define more detailed images about the product.
Bulk Upload: You can also use a csv file to bulk upload your products. Just click on the import/export link and follow the online help.
We strongly recommend that you export a sample products csv first before importing to avoid any corruption.
We ask that sellers practice the following listing guidelines: If you have multiple identical copies of the same item, please use the quantity field rather than creating unique multiple listings. If you have an item with some variance, example an apparel is available in different size, use "product variant" option rather that creating multiple copies of the same item, this enhances buyer experience as they can just select the size once they locate a particular product. Once a product is sold, the quantity is automatically reduced.
Make sure to avoid mis-spelling and typos. How you describe your product, also identifies the quality of your product.
If you wish to Edit a Product, just search for the product, go to the product detail and follow the guidelines above.
Note: We periodically review product listing and may change the product details if they do not comply or for consistency.
TheIndiaBazaar.com will notify you via email once an item you have listed sells.
Once an order status is marked as "Processed" (payment has been received), you should ship the order to customer in 2 business days. To ship your order to customer, just follow these simple steps -
International shipping option is not available at this time.
- Login to your seller account.
- Search for the order and go to "Order Details" by clicking on the order #, make sure order is marked as "Processed".
- Check the shipping type requested by the customer - Free Shipping, Standard or Express.
- Print an invoice to be included with the order. The invoice contains your name, address and phone #.
- If the return address is different than the one on the invoice, add a note in the package which includes your return address.
- Use proper packaging to pack your order. In most cases, you can get free shipping supplies from the shipping carrier like USPS, UPS, Fedex and DHL etc.
- Print the shipping label by visiting the shipping carrier of your choice online.
- Once the order is shipped, add the tracking number to the order and click on the "Complete Order" button to mark the order as "Complete". This will notify the customer with tracking information. The "Complete Order" button is only available for "Processed" orders.
Returns & Refunds
As a seller at TheIndiaBazaar.com, you must be willing to accept returns from customers. This promotes good online business practice. The return process is initiated by a return requisition request. This can be created from "order management" and clicking on "create Returns". The return requisition can be created by either the customer or the seller. Once a return requisition is created, as a seller you can control what to do with the return by visiting the "Returns" page under "Orders". Following actions are possible for you as a seller. You can -
- "Decline" a return request. This would also notify the customer that their return request has been declined.
- "Approve" a return request. This would also notify the customer that their return request has been approved and they are eligible to return the merchandise.
- "Authorize" a refund. This should be done, once the physical return is received. Please authorize the Amount you want to refund to the customer. Once a return is "Authorized", the status of the return cannot be changed.
- For any returns which are marked as "Authorized", TheIndiaBazaar.com will refund the authorized amount to the customer and mark the return status to "Complete".
Out of Stock Items
Sellers must keep their inventory up-to-date at all times; however, you will occasionally run into a situation in which an item is out of stock. If this occurs, notify the buyer (see Communicating with Buyer), and follow the Returns & Refunds procedure to refund the buyer.
Please make sure that you notify the buyer within 1 business day if an item they ordered is not in stock.
Cancel an Order
If the buyer contacts you to cancel the order and you have not shipped the item, just follow the Returns & Refunds procedure to authorize a refund for the buyer. If you have already shipped the item, you can have the buyer return the item to you. Once the items are returned, follow the "Returns & Refunds" procedure to refund the buyer.
In order to communicate with the buyer regarding a specific order, please follow these simple steps -
You also have acces to the phone # and email address of the buyer to communicate with them directly. We encourage you to take advantage of the above mechanism when communicating with the buyer, as every note is logged for reference.
- Login to your seller account.
- Search for the order and go to "Order Details" by clicking on the order #.
- Add a note in "New Customer notes" and select the "Notify Customer" checkbox.
- Click on "Apply Changes" button. This will notify the customer about the order updates.
In order to communicate with TheIndiaBazaar.com regarding a specific order, please follow these simple steps -
- Login to your seller account.
- Search for the order and go to "Order Details" by clicking on the order #.
- Add a note in "New Order notes" and select the "Notify Admin" checkbox.
- Click on "Apply Changes" button. This will notify TheIndiaBazaar.com about the order updates.
We invite buyers to leave feedback about your performance as a seller. Seller feedback is an important element in buyer purchasing decisions. Your feedback rating is a key metric which allows us to to measure your performance. Maintaining a high feedback rating is a critical factor for success.
A summary of feedback from your buyers is visible to any customer in the Seller Profile page. This includes the average of your 1-to-5-star ratings and comments from buyers.
Buyer feedback rewards and recognizes sellers who communicate well and ship quickly. Customers are more likely to purchase products from sellers with higher ratings. Your performance as a seller is reflected in your feedback from customers.
A chargeback occurs when a cardholder contacts their bank to dispute the charge for an order. Chargebacks can be filed for a variety of reasons, ranging from non-receipt of the item ordered to unauthorized use of the credit card.
If a charge dispute was filed for an order you fulfilled, we will contact you to provide us with all the details about to order to help us fight the chargeback.
To prevent a debit for any dispute, follow good shipping practices and prompt customer service. Firstly, don't change the shipping address provided to you as you are liable for any disputes filed for orders you have sent to a different shipping address.
You can further limit your liability by using a shipping method with a tracking number and signature required for high value merchandise. We would strongly encourage you to keep records of the date the merchandise was shipped, the shipping method used, and any available tracking information for at least 6 months past the order date.
As outlined in our agreement with you, sellers are responsible for chargebacks filed for service related reasons, such as material difference in the merchandise and non-receipt. We will bear responsibility for any payment-related fraud chargebacks, such as stolen credit cards or other payment fraud attempts.
Whether you're a small home based business or a high-volume seller, TheIndiaBazaar.com wants you to succeed. Keeping that goal in mind, TheIndiaBazaar.com provides all the tools and techniques to help you sell more and let you focus on growing your business and not have to worry about the mechanics of selling. Below you will find a lot of useful information which will help improve your brand and increase your sale.
- Finding Answers: The easiest and quickest way to find answers to any question is to visit Seller Help Pages. Here you will find answers to most common questions. If you cannot find an answer to a question you have, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Account Management: Make sure to keep your shipping, refund & other policies up-to date.
- Product Management: Update your online inventory regularly to avoid sale of items which are out of stock. Once an item is sold, the quantity is automatically reduced but if yor are selling items through other venues, the product quantity may be out of date. Before pricing your items, research prices for comparable products and adjust yor price as necessary. Do not create multiple products for a single item available in different options. When describing your product, make sure to check spelling etc as the buyers get an idea about the quality of product by reading it's description. Proper description also helps with search engine optimization.
- Order Management: Check your Seller interface regularly to find out about new sales, rather than relying exclusively on e-mail notifications. Take action when the order status is "Processed". Provide high-quality customer service, which includes handling refunds and returns in a timely manner. Refund an order within 48 hours that you are unable to fill and issue refunds for returns within five business days of receipt. Order details also allows you to send email notification to customer about an order.
- Order Fulfillment: Always ship your order within 2 business days of order notification once the order status is marked as "Processed" (payment has been received). Include an invoice with your item. You can print it from your Seller Account. Don't forget to include your return address. Please also review our Order Management for details. Include a note with your package with your contact information and encourage your buyer to leave you feedback by visiting TheIndiaBazaar.com. Once the order is shipped, visit your seller interface, go to the order details, add the tracking number and click on the "Complete" button to mark the order as complete. This will notify the customer with tracking information.
- Customer Service: Answer all buyer inquiries within 24 hours of receipt. Good communication with buyers promotes good feedback for sellers. We encourage you to use the reputation we've established to leverage your own business.
- Customer Reviews: Encourage your customers to write reviews about your products and services. Customers can login and visit your home page to write review about your service or visit the product page to write review about your product.
- Security: Change your password regularly. Make sure to include a number and special character in your password. We do not ask for any sensitive information via email. Submit such information only when registering & setting up your store. Review our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Notice for more information about our practices.